What a hallmark ruling! ObamaCare will be defeated, hands down.
Taken from Fox News on January 31st:
A U.S. district judge ruled Monday that the health care law unconstitutional because it violates the Commerce Clause
Judge Roger Vinson said as a result of the unconstitutionality of the “individual mandate” that requires people to buy insurance, the entire law must be thrown out.
“I must reluctantly conclude that Congress exceeded the bounds of its authority in passing the Act with the individual mandate. That is not to say, of course, that Congress is without power to address the problems and inequities in our health care system. The health care market is more than one sixth of the national economy, and without doubt Congress has the power to reform and
regulate this market. That has not been disputed in this case. The principal dispute
has been about how Congress chose to exercise that power here,” Vinson wrote.
“Because the individual mandate is unconstitutional and not severable, the entire act must be declared void,” he wrote.
- All Eyes on Judge as Health Care Ruling Looms (foxnews.com)
- Judge may escalate battle over healthcare reform (reuters.com)
- Major Health Reform Ruling Expected (blogs.abcnews.com)
- ObamaCare’s Individual Mandate, And The Power Of Congress, Face A Test In Florida (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Federal judge rules mandatory health coverage unconstitutional (lawafterthebar.wordpress.com)