Get REAL Alternative Speakers, Not Trash, To Speak at Rutgers
April 3, 2011 2 Comments
We’ve all heard the ruckus about Jersey Shore‘s Snooki and her ludicrous speech fee. Polizzi’s recent speaking engagement (wait, she can speak in complete sentences and has something intelligent to say?) at Rutgers University in New Jersey caused a stir and angered many people there.
Apparently, $32, 000 in student fees (ahem, codeword for your tax dollars) were set aside for this MTV-glossed powder puff to talk about GTL, smushing, and late-night hookups. Here’s what 32K is worth: “Study hard, party harder.”
Doug Giles sets the record straight with his latest article on Townhall.com:
Well, mom and dad (who are still worth their salt), you now can officially scratch Rutgers off the list of colleges to visit this summer with your high schooler. The kicker in this hellish scenario is that this over-tanned hobbit with the morals of a drunken alley cat and the brainpower of a hockey puck got two grand more than Nobel-winning author Toni Morrison will be getting for her commencement address at Rutgers U later this year. I’ve got two words for this misappropriation of funds: Revelation Eighteen.
Greg Gutfeld‘s humorous take on the Rutger brouhaha is shown below:
While Greg points out that Snooki is “harmless,” those dismayed by Paul Krugman, Bill Clinton, Van Jones, communists/Marxists, and socialists should get conservative speakers from YAF. The speakers bureau includes Ann Coulter, Ben Stein, Michael Reagan, Dinesh D’Souza, Michelle Malkin, Jason Mattera, Doug Giles, David Horowitz, Ann McElhinney, Steve Forbes, and many more! Here from real intellectuals, not incompetent noobs.
- Sad But True: Snooki Paid More to Speak at Rutgers Than Toni Morrison (newsfeed.time.com)
- Sadly Not an April Fool’s Prank: Rutgers Pays Snooki More than Toni Morrison to Speak (buddytv.com)
- Is Marginally Winning: Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi pocketed $32,000 on Thursday for speaking at Rutgers University, a fee that’s $2,000 more than Nobel Prize – winning novelist Toni Morrison will be paid for this year’s Rutgers commencement speech. (Snooki’s wi (bigstarlet.tumblr.com)
- Rutgers University Makes It Rain On Them Shows, Pays Snooki More Than Commencement Speaker!! (bossip.com)
- Oh, Rutgers! Snooki Visits University, Gets Paid More Than Toni Morrison (perezhilton.com)