Young Conservatives Should Attend Values Voter Summit
August 6, 2012 Leave a comment
All conservatives – especially young conservatives – should attend Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C. this September 14-16, 2012, at the Omni Shoreham Hotel.
The 7th annual conference will be more exciting than ever given the fact that this year’s conference falls right before the general election.
This will be my 2nd VVS conference, having served on the 2011 VVS NSEAB youth board and attended the conference last year. I am on the NSEAB youth board again, and look forward to recruiting more young folks to the conference.
Our 2011 board was fantastic. I made some of the greatest friends from that experience. (All board members are pictured minus Aaron Wong.)
We recently expanded our youth board and welcomed some great youth activists to the team. (Stay tuned!)
That being said, this year’s student activities will be bigger and better than last year’s.
Here’s what to expect:
- Friday Night Student Mixer: FREE Pizza and a great opportunity to network.
- Keynote Address by Gen. William Boykin, former commander of Delta Force.
- Right vs. Left Debate: The Chairman of the College Republicans, Alex Schriver, will take on Rod Snyder, Chairman of the Young Democrats of America. The debate will cover many hot topics of the day and be moderated by Alex Pappas of the Daily Caller.
- Job and Internship Fair hosted by the Leadership Institute’s ConservativeJobs.com.
- Saturday Afternoon Breakout Session: Millennials and the Future of Political Engagement
Students can apply for conference scholarships here.
Hope to see you there!