Friday Feminism Fail: Moral Outrage Over Self-Defense and Sandwich-Making
September 27, 2013 2 Comments
As I read some news headlines this morning, two unique stories – both involving whining from feminists- caught my attention.
The first story is from Paris Fashion Week.
British model Hollie-May Saker, 18, fought off several feminist protestors from the Ukrainian group Femen as they interrupted the Nina Ricci show.
Saker said, ‘My Scouseness came out a bit but I wish it had come out a bit more. Thinking about it now I wish I’d pushed them both off the stage because they ruined my favourite show.’
A young woman fending for herself and rejecting victimhood? You go girl!
I met a guy. I made a sandwich. I started a blog. And I enraged feminists everywhere.
On Wednesday, I wrote in The Post about how my boyfriend Eric’s joke remark after making him a snack — “Honey, you’re 300 sandwiches away from an engagement ring!” — inspired me to do just that and chronicle the project on a Web site, 300sandwiches.com.
Apparently, in some corners of the Internet, this is an outrage.
I, as a woman, see no ill in making sandwiches for men, myself, or my friends. Smith made her OWN choice to produce 300 unique sandwich creations. (Choice for me, not for thee?) And the snippet about 300 sandwiches until she gets an engagement ring? It’s a joke between Smith and her boyfriend. Get over yourselves.
I will add that patriarchy never tasted so delicious.
Stay classy, feminists. Quit ruining fun for the rest of us.
- Woman making 300 sandwiches for marriage draws criticism (kvue.com)
- Liberal Outrage Brewing Over NY Post Reporter Whose Boyfriend Enjoys Her Sandwiches (mediaite.com)
- Liberal Outraged At NY Post Reporter Whose Boyfriend Enjoys Her Sandwiches (ivoter.com)
- Scouse model punches topless feminist protesters after they storm Paris Fashion Week (metro.co.uk)
- Scouse supermodel PUNCHES topless protester after she storms the catwalk at Paris Fashion Week (mirror.co.uk)
- Topless Protestors Crash Nina Ricci Show (fashionista.com)