Where to begin on the Duck Dynasty brouhaha?
The “tolerance” crowd has sounded the alarm that Phil Robertson, patriarch of the Robertson clan and founder of Duck Commander, is a mean-spirited, backward bumpkin redneck “bigot” for expressing support for marriage in a GQ interview.
WHAT? A married guy who supports marriage?! How scandalous!
I guess A&E is okay with being suicidal and firing the patriarch behind cable TV’s highest rated show. Such a pity. I hope another cable network channel will pick the show up. A&E’s viewership will plummet and rightly so. Yes, it’s worth acknowledging that A&E is a private company. That point should be made clear. HOWEVER, you don’t ever see “marriage equality” folks getting reprimanded for their statements on TV about their opponents. Tolerance is a two-way street, folks.
Why do I like the Robertson’s? I’m a fan of Duck Dynasty on A&E because I’m an outdoor enthusiast. The show is a breath of fresh air compared to the crap TV out there. Join the movement TODAY to #StandWithPhilRobertson by posting a pic in camo, donning a beard (guys), or hunting/fishing/shooting to show solidarity with the Robertson patriarch! #TeamPhil
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Patriarch Phil Robertson Explains the Simple Love Note That Helped Save His Marriage (theblaze.com)
- ‘Dynasty’ spreads holiday joy (foxnews.com)
- Biblical bam! Fox News’ Father Jonathan makes key point on Phil Robertson’s suspension (twitchy.com)
- Duck Dynasty’s Sadie Robertson comments following A&E’s suspension of her grandfather (twitchy.com)
- What the Duck? Phil Robertson Interview (realclearpolitics.com)