April 2, 2012 1 Comment
Last week, I was interviewed by USA TODAY College’s Samantha Glavin, a sophomore at Saint Anselm College, on Obamacare and its impact on young people. CRNC communications director Alyssa Farah and Students for Santorum president Shane Bias were also interviewed.
Here are my thoughts:
Gabriella Hoffman is a senior at UC-San Diego and assistant editor of the popular blog, “College Conservative”. While she’s excited to graduate in the spring and enter the real world, she’s worried about the effect that Obamacare, if upheld, could have on her post-college environment.
Hoffman’s parents both came to the U.S. after escaping from the Soviet Union, and she says that they “lived with a health care model that was an extreme version of Obamacare.”
Says Hoffman, “Though the government there said that the mandate was ‘free and wouldn’t cost you’, they ended up paying 80% of it and the care was extremely unsanitary. While that’s not exactly happening here yet, it could the way things are going.”
I also said that Obamacare forces young adults to be subservient to big government.
Hoffman worries about the creation of a similar Big Brother-esque form of control. “Obamacare perpetuates paternalistic government,” she says. “Young people will learn early on that the government has to provide for every need.”
You can read the entire article here.
- Why ObamaCare is not EMTALA and still without precedent (teapartywit.com)
- Ron Paul wins if Supreme Court strikes Obamacare (kentuckyweed.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul wins if Supreme Court strikes Obamacare (whengovernmentfailsinkentucky.wordpress.com)
- ObamaCare Faces Death Panel of Nine (thecollegeconservative.com)
- Progressive Whining About Last Week’s Supreme Court Hearings on Obamacare (healthcarebs.com)