May 4, 2012 4 Comments
This past evening, Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul delivered a speech here on campus. Amid the pot smoke (gotta love those pot smokers!) and warm sun, San Diegans congregated at Warren Mall to see the colorful and equally lively perennial presidential candidate.
Ron Paul – best known for his die-hard college fans – addressed several thousand students and community members.
Interestingly enough, Ron Paul has a theme song:
Here are some pictures from the event:
Many of you know I do not support a Ron Paul candidacy. For one, Mitt Romney will be the Republican presidential nominee (I will be holding my nose. I’m voting non-Marxist and against Obama). And two – his anti-Israelism, support for drug legalization, and libertine social policies run counter to my views.
The Israel issue sticks out the most. Paul is ignorant when it comes to Iran’s nuclear program and radical Islam. During his speech he said, “I think sanctions [on Iran] are wrong…are an act of war.” Also, he previously lamented American military involvement in freeing Holocaust victims and has blamed Israel for the creation of Hamas. I cannot compromise on my support for Israel; I simply won’t budge.
Oddly enough, I agree with most of Ron Paul’s economic views. I believe we should do away with the United Nations; Departments of Education, Commerce, Energy; and the EPA – best known as the “Employment Prevention Agency.” I also agree with auditing (and even abolishing) the Fed. I’m opposed to governmental waste and globalist, hypocritical international bodies abusing our tax dollars. If Paul weren’t so hostile to Israel and libertine on social issues, I might reconsider. Alas, I won’t.
The reality is this: Ron Paul will not secure the nomination. If his supporters are determined to defeat Obama, then they must vote for the eventual GOP nominee (I know, it pains me to write this – but we have no other choice but Romney). Please don’t split the vote, guys!
I will concede that Ron Paul knows how to energize a crowd. It still amazes me that he attracts so many people to his events. His young followers worship him like God, which is a tad odd. (Never EVER put a politician on a pedestal.) And he’s quite the sensationalist. That aside, he put on quite the show last night.
Without a doubt, this event will go down in UCSD history. Kudos to the event organizers.
- Corporate Media Lies About Attendance at Ron Paul UC Davis Rally (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul Announces Visits To UC Davis and UC San Diego (dailypaul.com)
- Ron Paul’s Biggest Supporter is a Bilderberger (musicians4freedom.com)
- Ron Paul in 1999: Blasts Clinton on Iraq and Wars, Predicts Terrorist Attack (revolutionarypolitics.tv)
- Officials Frantic Over Ron Paul Supporters Seizing Control Of GOP (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Why Ron Paul likes Mitt Romney, and why the right fears Elizabeth Warren (thehill.com)
- Nearly 4,000 hear Ron Paul in Fullerton (ocregister.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul Stacks Up Delegates in Campaign Surge (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- RNC threatens to bar Nevada to stop delegates voting for Ron Paul (headlineclicker.com)
- Ron Paul’s Delegates Deluge: Minnesota, Washington State, Louisiana (tatoott1009.com)