My first post at Campus Reform is centered around Grover Furr, a Medieval English professor at Montclair State University in Montclair, NJ , who is an apologist for brutal Soviet dictator and communist Joseph Stalin. In this video, Furr says that Stalin is an innocent man and that he has yet to find “one crime” Stalin committed. Talk about ridiculous. As someone who has had family murdered and oppressed by Stalin, I find his remarks to be repulsive and insulting. My maternal grandfather was imprisoned in a Russian gulag at the Belomar Canal at the Finnish-Russian border for 18 months. Many of my parents’ friends or family members disappeared under Stalin’s reign of terror from 1929-1953. Professors like Furr should not be teaching at universities.
Here’s the video:
More from Campus Reform:
“I know they say he killed 20, 30, 40 million people,” continued Grover Furr, a professor in Medieval English at Montclair State University.
“It’s bullshit.”Professor Grover Furr of Montclair State University said he has yet to find “one crime that Stalin committed.”
Furr made the comments at a campus debate featuring three individuals supposedly representing conservative, liberal, and libertarian political views.
Following the debate, a student pressed Furr on his comments reminding the professor that most historians believe “100 to 150 million people [were] killed by communist regimes.”
The professor, however, doubled down on his original comment.
“What you said is bullshit,” said Furr. “It’s wrong. It’s a lie.”
- Professor praises Stalin, claims he never committed ‘one crime’ (educationviews.org)
- Professor Praises Stalin, Claims He Never Committed ‘One Crime’ (frontpagemag.com)
- Public College Professor: Butcher Joseph Stalin Committed No Crime (moonbattery.com)
- Professor praises Stalin, claims he never committed ‘one crime’ (pumabydesign001.com)
- College Students Cheer for Karl Marx, Socialism, and Barack Obama (godfatherpolitics.com)
- Montclair State University School of Business Team Makes CFA Institute Research Challenge Final Four (prweb.com)
- Russia Using Stalin-Era Tactics, Rights Group Says (voanews.com)