I’ve penned a column at Counter Cultured about the new season premiere of Duck Dynasty on A&E. The show is truly quacktastic! Read below:
Last Wednesday, the fourth season of Duck Dynasty premiered on A&E. The hour-long season premiere documented the “Redneck Renewal” between Robertson family patriarch Phil Robertson and his wife Miss Kay. It was watched by nearly 12 million viewers–becoming the most watched nonfiction series in cable history.
What best explains this?
Duck Dynasty departs from conventional TV shows by focusing on the importance of family, outdoors sports, small business, and Judeo-Christian values–the very things that make this country great. The beard-donning Robertson men along with their sympathetic wives and good-natured brood should be celebrated in American entertainment and culture. If the Robertson family continues to expand their brand and message, we’ll be hearing less from the Kardashians. (Thank goodness!)
- Duck Dynasty Smashes Cable Ratings Records (adweek.com)
- Why I’m Inspired by “Duck Dynasty” and the Robertsons (tmgaouette.com)
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ cast earns big salary bump after prolonged talks (foxnews.com)
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ season premiere sets cable ratings record (TBO.com)
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Cast Get Major Salary Bumps, Hit Series Secures Extra Seasons (m.deadline.com)
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Season Four Premiere: Fans React On Twitter (hollywoodlife.com)
- Duck Dynasty Wedding Surprise [Video] (myq105.cbslocal.com)
- Duck Dynasty: The Pro-God, Guns, Family and Capitalism Reality Show Rules the Ratings Roost (conservativeread.com)
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Cast Get Major Salary Bumps, Hit Series Secures Extra Seasons (deadline.com)