Read my latest at TheCollegeConservative
Yesterday, Chris Christie commented on the failure of the Super Committee and Obama’s failed, albeit preferred, leadership style of “leading from behind.”
Watch the epic video below:
- Chris Christie Blasts Obama: What The Hell Are We Paying You For? (mediaite.com)
- Christie Slams Obama: “What The Hell Are We Paying You For?” (alan.com)
- Gov. Christie attending Republican Governors Association conference in Orlando (nj.com)
- ‘What The Hell Are We Paying You For?’ (huffingtonpost.com)
With consistent performances at GOP debates, Republican presidential hopeful and former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich is surging in the polls.
Gingrich is impacting voters, given his knowledge of politics and command of debate.
Fox Nation revealed more about Gingrich’s surge here:
Newt Gingrich has taken the lead in PPP’s national polling. He’s at 28% to 25% for Herman Cain and 18% for Mitt Romney. The rest of the Republican field is increasingly looking like a bunch of also rans: Rick Perry is at 6%, Michele Bachmann and Ron Paul at 5%, Jon Huntsman at 3%, and Gary Johnson and Rick Santorum each at 1%.
- PPP: Gingrich surges into lead. (thewesternexperience.com)
- The skeletons in Newt Gingrich’s closet (atlmalcontent.wordpress.com)
- Newt Gingrich barges into the lead Flavor of the Week: It looks… (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Poll: Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich lead among Iowa Republicans (dailykos.com)
- And now Newt’s turn (geneveith.com)
Although the GOP Establishment is keen to make Mitt Romney our nominee, conservative resistance is slowly building up to counter their efforts. We cannot afford a candidate that boasts many similarities to President Obama, let alone one that flip-flops and is a RINO.
A coalition of conservatives recently unveiled a new website: NotMittRomney.com.
Here is their first video:
And here is their press release:
Coalition of Conservatives Launches
“Not Mitt Romney” Effort in Early States
New Web Site with Petition, Web Ad
and Publishes Iowa and NH Op Eds
MYRTLE BEACH, SC — Today conservative activists, operatives and bloggers are announcing the formation of a new “Not Mitt Romney” (NMR) coalition dedicated to preventing Romney from winning the Republican nomination.
Three of the coalition’s cofounders had a guest column published in the Des Moines Register on Sunday, “Conservative Iowans owe it to Nation to Reject Mitt.” They also had a guest column published in today’s New Hampshire Union Leader.
NMR Coalition co-founder Ali Akbar, a Republican communications consultant and Vice President, Digital Strategy, at Vice and Victory Agency, said, “Primaries are a good place to vet and try a candidate. Mitt Romney is that candidate and this primary is far from over. A nominee, worse a President, whom we have no idea where he stands on the issues presents a danger to our Party’s brand and this unique time in history where true reforms can actually happen. The American people want truth and the Republican Party would do well to offer it, lest we snatch defeat from victory’s jaws again.”
NMR Coalition co-founder John Hawkins, a professional blogger who runs Right Wing News, said, “In 2008, conservatives let the GOP Establishment and the mainstream media select our nominee for us. How did that work out? Does anybody really have the slightest idea what Mitt Romney would do as President? Nobody can even reasonably predict where he’ll be on any issue six months from now, much less what he’d do if he became the leader of the free world.”
NMR Coalition co-founder Matt Mackowiak, President of Potomac Strategy Group, LLC, said, “Mitt Romney is an honorable man, but he is not a conservative that we can trust. America faces greater challenges today than at any time in the last 70 years. Nominating a candidate whose history has shown a commitment to opportunism rather than conservative principles is a recipe for electoral disaster next year. Nominating a candidate for whom the base has zero enthusiasm is also a recipe for electoral disaster next year, as it was in 2008. I desperately want to defeat President Obama for reelection and absolutely believe that this coalition effort is helping achieve that. We need bold colors, not pale pastels.”
The coalition, which was publicly created by 20 individuals, launched http://www.NotMittRomney.com on November 6, 2011, the one year anniversary of Election Day 2012. On the site, the public may sign an online petition agreeing that “Mitt Romney should NOT be OUR nominee,” access information about Romney’s career of flip flopping on major issues and invite others to join the effort.
In addition to the website, the Not Mitt Romney coalition launched a twitter account (@MittFlipFlops) and twitter hash tag: #NotMitt. . . .
This coalition campaign will include targeted voter contact in early states, which will include phone and door to door contact, email marketing, paid and earned media and online targeting.
This coalition is not paid for by any candidate campaign or Super PAC, but rather is organized solely by its creators, who include supporters of many of the other conservative candidates who are running and some who remain undecided.
I was asked by Ali to endorse the petition, but of course I am strictly a neutral objective journalist, so I can merely report on the existence of the petition, which cannot be considered an endorsement.
(h/t: The Other McCain)
- Conservatives Launch “Not Mitt Romney” Campaign (alan.com)
- Conservatives Launch ‘Not Mitt Romney’ Campaign, Warn Of Dire Consequences If Romney Is The GOP Nominee (businessinsider.com)
- Romney lays out bleak picture if Obama re-elected (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- ABC/Washington Post poll: Most Republicans still want somebody other than Mitt Romney (dailykos.com)
- Mitt Romney, Seen As Most Electable, Still Struggles To Break Out Of Pack, Poll Shows (huffingtonpost.com)
Presidential candidate and businessman Herman Cain sang his own rendition of John Lennon’s “Imagine” with a junk food/pizza twist.
This is from 1991. In addition to being a great American, Mr. Cain is very talented and humorous. We could use a guy like him as President!
Be sure to watch and enjoy this clip:
- Herman Cain Re-Mixes Lennon’s “Imagine” Into Pizza Ditty (thebaochi.wordpress.com)
- Video: Herman Cain Covers John Lennon With Lyrics About Pizza (newsfeed.time.com)
- Herman Cain’s Pizza-Flavored Remix Of John Lennon’s “Imagine” (wzlx.radio.com)
- Herman Cain Sings About Pizza to the Tune of ‘Imagine’ [Video] (gawker.com)
- VIDEO OF THE DAY: Herman Cain Sings A Pizza Ballad (businessinsider.com)
It was brought to my attention that some here in San Diego–namely socialists and communists–are bringing the “Occupy Wall Street” movement to San Diego, California, this October 7th,2011.
Here is a video about the Occupy San Diego gathering:
This movement aims to overthrow capitalism in exchange for some “beautiful” alternative. No matter how many times we probe these people, they fail to offer an alternative to capitalism…
Undoubtedly, these hypocrites reap the benefits of capitalism and simultaneously want to destroy it. (Irony much?) Instead, they look to socialism for an answer. Both socialism and its ugly cousin communism are defined by collective farms, redistribution of wealth, poverty, pogroms, and nonexistent human rights. Is this the alternative they seek?
The corporatists in Wall Street–who are sympathetic to crony capitalism, not free market enterprise–are to blame for our nation’s financial woes. Interestingly enough, these protesters have no complaints about them or their ties to the Obama Administration. Nevertheless, these Occupy Wall Street hooligans routinely blame capitalism for their problems.
Why do people continue to dismiss history? Look at Nazi Germany, the former USSR, Vietnam, Cuba, and similar nations. Communism and socialism do not work. They reduce(d) people to human debris.
My parents endured communism and later escaped the former USSR. They came here to escape brutal conditions found in their former homeland. My mom–a devout Catholic–could not openly practice her religion. Similarly, my dad was subjugated to institutionalized anti-Semitism. Capitalism in America was the only system that could ensure their freedom.
The question beckons: if communism and socialism were so beautiful, why did my parents and other Soviet refuseniks/political refugees leave?
People need to think twice about socialism before demanding it here in America. Pay attention to the Obama Administration’s socialist programs being shoved down our throats.
- Radiohead + Occupy Wall Street? (musicbyday.com)
- 700 Occupy Wall Street Protestors Arrested On The Brooklyn Bridge (perezhilton.com)
- Here’s Everything You Need To Know About All The Occupy Wall Street Protests Springing Up All Around The Country (businessinsider.com)
- Occupy Wall Street Protests Go Global (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- The Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street (frozenclocks.wordpress.com)
Although Bush and Perry boast that Texas swagger, the latter must prove why he’s not Bush 2.0.
Although I do not support Mitt Romney for President, I am marveled by how he handled this when confronted by irate leftists about Social Security at the Iowa state fair.
Watch the exchange here: