“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” ― Dr. Seuss,
Following New Year Eve last year, I set out a goal to read more books. With the aid of Goodreads–a wonderful book log application–I was able to track and monitor all the books I read. I set a goal of reading 21 books and 5,199 pages from all varieties and genres. From auto-biographies to self-help books to some fiction, my reading material was more diverse than normal.
Below are the books I read in 2015 in order of completion:
- Shoot to Win: Tips, Tactics, and Techniques to Help You Shoot Like a Pro By Chris Cheng
- Meat and Potatoes Catholicism by Fr. Joseph Classen
- American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History by Chris Kyle
- Tea Party Catholic: The Catholic Case for Limited Government, a Free Economy, and Human Flourishing by Samuel Gregg
- Our Lost Constitution: The Willful Subversion of America’s Founding Document by Senator Mike Lee (R-UT)
- Making the Case: How to Negotiate Like a Prosecutor in Work and Life by Kimberly Guilfoyle
- More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun-Control Laws by Dr. John R. Lott
- Economics in One Lesson: The Shortest & Surest Way to Understand Basic Economics by Henry Hazlitt
- Distortion: How the New Christian Left is Twisting the Gospel and Damaging the Faith by Chelsen Vicari
- The Conservative Heart: How To Build A Fairer, Happier, And More Prosperous America by Arthur C. Brooks
- Measure of a Man: From Auschwitz Survivor to Presidents’ Tailor by Martin Greenfield
- A Time for Truth: Reigniting the Miracle of America by Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX)
- Assault and Flattery: The Truth About the Left and Their War on Women by Katie Pavlich
- No Fear: Real Stories of a Courageous New Generation Standing for Truth by Tony Perkins
- I Can See Clearly Now by Dr. Wayne Dyer
- Heavy Lifting: Grow Up, Get a Job, Raise a Family, and Other Manly Advice by Jim Geraghty and Cam Edwards
- Good Profit: How Creating Value for Others Built One of the World’s Most Successful Companies by Charles G. Koch
- Preservation and Purpose: The Making of a Young Millennial, a Manifesto for Faith, Family and Politics by Demetrius Minor
- The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks
- Righteous Indignation: Excuse Me While I Save the World! by Andrew Breitbart
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
My goal for 2016 is to read a minimum of 30 books. Be sure to connect on Goodreads!
Have any recommendations? Need recommendations? Weigh in below!
Happy reading, everyone!